Seth Gillihan, PhDMedical Reviewer
Seth Gillihan, PhD, is a licensed psychologist who has been practicing evidence-based psychotherapy for over twenty years. He completed his doctorate at the University of Pennsylvania, where he also served as a faculty member for four years. Seth has authored or coauthored over 40 journal articles and book chapters, and is the bestselling?author of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple and The CBT Deck.
ExpertiseClinical psychology, depression, anxiety, insomnia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, PTSD, mindfulness, and stress management
Board Certifications and Training
Licensed Psychologist, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Biology and French, Indiana University Bloomington
Master of Arts (M.A.) in Community Counseling, The George Washington University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
Awards and Accreditation
- Member, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Fellow, Center for Neuroscience and Society, University of Pennsylvania
Best Health Tip
- Tend to your thoughts every day, so they work for you and not against you.
- Take small, incremental steps to reach your biggest goals.
- Practice being more present in your everyday life, which relieves stress and calms anxiety.