Ira Daniel Breite, MDMedical Reviewer
Dr. Ira Breite is a board-certified internist and gastroenterologist. When people ask why he chose gastroenterology, the answer isn't much different than when he made the decision in the '90s: It offered him everything he wanted. As a gastroenterologist, he has the opportunity to split his time between technical procedures, reading about new topics, and interacting with people to help them with some of their most intimate problems. As satisfying as it is to fix things like colon polyps or bleeding ulcers, he finds the deepest fulfillment in the long-term relationships he has with his patients....
ExpertiseGeneral gastroenterology, including irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, GERD (reflux), ulcerative colitis, microscopic colitis, and Crohn's disease; colon cancer detection, colonoscopy, gallstones, celiac, and diarrhea
Board Certifications and Training
- Board-Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board-Certified in Gastroenterology
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City
- Residency, NYU Medical Center
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics, University of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City
Awards and Accreditation
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Georgopoulos, S. K., Schwartz, L. H., Jarnagin, W. R., Gerdes, H., Breite, I., Fong, Y., ... & Kurtz, R. C. (1999). Comparison of magnetic resonance and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in malignant pancreaticobiliary obstruction.?Archives of Surgery,?134(9), 1002-1007.